The objectives of the Congress Park PTO shall be:
- To promote the Mission of District 102.
- The Mission Statement of District 102 - A community dedicated to the future of its
children, is to ensure that all students achieve academic excellence while promoting their
personal and social growth by:
- Attracting and retaining excellent teachers and providing means for their continuing development.
- Providing a relevant, challenging and comprehensive curriculum.
- Challenging all students to discover and develop their interests and talents.
- Developing self-worth, open-mindedness, respect for diverse points of view and responsibility.
- Developing working partnerships among home, school and community.
- To promote and encourage a closer relationship between the home and the school so parents and teachers may cooperate in the basic educational development of the child and address the needs of the school for the benefit of all students.
- As a member of the Combined District 102 Superintendent’s Roundtable, we encourage the responsible and informed participation of parents in school issues. Therefore, the Combined School District 102 Parent-Teacher Council encourages voter registration and voter participation in all school, local and general elections.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for every child the highest advantages in physical, mental and social education.
We look forward to a great 2017-2018 School Year with you!